Midwest Ewaste: Electronic Waste Recycling
Do to the recent worldwide economic meltdown of commodity prices, We have been forced to modify some of our pricing and acceptance policies.
Due to the historic all-time low prices for oil, steel, copper and lead, Midwest Ewaste no longer accepts CRT Monitors. The cost to recycle them far exceeds their scrap value. We simply cannot afford to accept them at this time. Many of our recycling partners are not accepting them for recycle at any price at this time.
Midwest Ewaste no longer accepts printers, copiers, fax machines, PA systems, Stereo Equipment, AV equipment, ink cartridges, or toner cartridges. Again, their cost to recycle far outweighs their scrap value and our recycling partners, that still accept them, are charging hefty fees to recycle these types of items.
Midwest Ewaste does NOT ACCEPT CRT TVs, LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, LED TVs, DLP TVs, Microwaves, Appliances, or anything that uses or used refrigerant.
Midwest Ewaste Will continue to accept computers, laptops, cell phones, racks, and cabling for free as before.
How to Recycle with us:
All you need to do is take your recyclable electronics to one of our drop-off locations during their store hours. See the locations page for a list of drop-off locations.
If you are a non-profit, school, municipality, or such, you can call us at 317-289-8801 for pick-up with no additional pick-up fee.
If you are a for-profit company, we charge $30.00 per pallet to pick-up. If you are not close to Lafayette, please see the Rates section of our website. If your location is far from our Lafayette location, we may charge an additional fee to cover time and mileage. Of course, you can always bring your recyclables to our drop-off locations to avoid the pick-up fee.
Midwest Ewaste does NOT ACCEPT CRT TVs, LCD TVs, Plasma TVs, LED TVs, DLP TVs, Microwaves, Appliances, or anything that uses or used refrigerant. See the materials section of our website for more details
What Midwest Ewaste Does:
- You call us to schedule a pick up of your old office equipment.
- We pick up your old equipment.
- We wipe the data from hard disks to Department of Defense standard.
- Upon request, we can send you a certification that the data has been cleaned from your machines.
- Asset tags or other identifiable markings are removed.
- Items that can be refurbished are repaired and resold.
- Items which are not reusable are recycled by one of our partnering R2 Certified recyclers.
- Anything left goes to EPA approved disposal.
What Midwest Ewaste Accepts:
Call ahead if your item is not on the list
- LCD Monitors, working or not, as long as the screen is not cracked
- Circuit Boards
- Cell Phones, PDA's, MP3 players, tablets
- Computer Servers
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies - Batteries and all
- Computer racks
- Aluminum beverage containers